My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

The Right Decision...

It continued to rain off and on for most of the day. I went back to bed and actually slept for another four hours or so, therefore I say that I must've needed it.

I headed out for a bus ride late in the afternoon. Reappraised why I was going and thought...why? Went back into my town and found some of what I was going elsewhere for. And more.

Three nice shirts for £2.97(charity shop)two pairs of thinner but patterned, non elastic gripping socks(£2)the ones I'm wearing are better for winter(too warm)a decent brush that can be used for painting but I wanted it for the fence painting. Everywhere appeared to be selling sets of brushes or charging around the £4 mark for one, this cost me £1. Some more sacks for the garden or rubbish in general.

The brush was a reason for going to Darlington(I thought a pound shop might have one)Not bothering with cherry tablets for now(another reason for going)for now I have a drug that works if needed and I can drink a small glass of cherry juice. So money saved on them went towards some of what I purchased today.

I found some plant feed(remember Phostrogen?)£2.49 and a wild seed mix to attract bees and butterflies that came in at around £1. When the back fence is painted(and the hornets are gone)this year or next I'll sow those seeds in that area. It will give them a chance and me a little area that can be seen as a wild section.

I'm quite happy with that. Its become very sunny and warm as we hit the evening. I snook out and managed an hour of grass of grass and ivy pulling. All that tugging kills your hands and even your arms and I'm feeling the effects now. I will have to see what plan of action I should take as this area has no grass now so before sowing new grass to get rid of the ivy roots I cannot see(I have pulled out lots)I may put down weedkiller. There are many that break down and do not harm the soil and if I do it before putting down grass, the grass will stand a chance. One even kills ivy and also destroys tree stumps. They did not take the stumps down as far as I wish that they had. Or used a grinder. A job I was forced to have but as often happens only partially completed.

The dead grass or brown colours in the lawn that still exists is already improving before I put any preparation feed on it. Light, air and moisture must be helping improve it. I'm going to think of buying more flowers on Monday if they are still on sale in the town and reasonable quality. I probably should think of a few more tubs/planters to be honest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home