My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Still Haven't Shaken Off The Lurgi...

Laid in bed Sunday with hot water bottles...

Found I felt not too bad by the evening so ventured out to the bingo club and hey you are taken door to door.

I sounded worse than I felt.

Monday I was out in good time for my bus to the afternoon bingo session but I decided I needed something to drink during the afternoon and that I better have some kind of sweets to suck in case I started coughing.

So I changed some money at the bank. Popped into the supermarket and found some honey and menthol sweets, four small cans of lemonade, some bananas and suddenly I thought I can't be bothered to walk to the bus stop. My energy was zapped. Reluctantly I booked a taxi.

However, I won £10 so the afternoon was free. It covered the cost of the taxi and almost the shopping.

Someone popped the idea in my head at the bingo about having soup which is quick and easy and means you are getting nourishment so when I came home I had a big bowl of pea and ham soup(took perhaps 3 minutes in the microwave)and I took to my bed and slept again. I reason if I am sleeping as much, my body needs it. I tried to relax and listen to the radio but found I missed most of the programmes.

I awoke around 2am and decided to do some hot water bottles again, have a coffee(a few biscuits)and have climbed into some pyjamas again. OK I have had a chill/cold but this May has been quite cold anyhow.

To be honest I felt that I had to get up because I was feeling a little bit down and its said if you you feel that way, its a good idea to do something. So I had a quick surf around the internet. Played a couple of Facebook games and wrote this. I'll probably go back to bed in a few minutes and face the day ahead and see if I can have a look out. Start to bother with my food again. An odd break from food I don't worry about and I think sometimes actually has more benefits than you would expect.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Where are you Gildy?
It's been five days and I'm beginning to worry.
Just one sentence will be fine!

24 May 2015 at 21:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks VQ...I'm in one of my feeling sorry for myself periods...but I really do appreciate someone out there cares.

I'll write a new post(or two or three)and let you know what's been going on...It will keep me busy until I go out later this morning.

26 May 2015 at 06:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home