My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, May 16, 2015

That Was A Rough 48 Hours...

After the bingo on Thursday night someone felt my forehead and said I was burning up. I went to bed and stayed there practically for thirty six hours. Drifting in and out of consciousness but sleeping was difficult because I had a headache that wouldn't shift. It was worse when I tried to lie down.

This morning I wanted to sleep because when you do you lose the headache. I just could not get off. I gave up and phoned the patient advice line 111 and the operator was pretty good but the Dr I was handed over to was pretty useless to be honest. And though he had supposedly had my notes from the operator passed to him he had nothing in front of him and I had to go through them again.

In the end I took painkillers and took to my bed and did manage to sleep again and by mid afternoon I felt OK again. And now its hard to believe how ill I've felt this past 48 hours.

Looking forward to an easy Sunday. I'm not doing anything whatsoever.

I was ill but I was waiting for a knock from the repair people on Friday after being in for them on Wednesday and Thursday but if they knock on the front door you can hardly hear anyone. If they would knock on the glass next to the door I could really hear them. A friend is going to hunt out a doorbell for me. That may make all the difference. I'll have to ask them to call out again on Monday when the call centre is open. And say knock on the glass. Its safety glass so no one can be hurt.

I managed to get out to a ceilidh I had booked a few weeks ago which I thought I was not going to get to. They reckon 47 tickets were sold but we were small in number perhaps 20 attended. We haven't quite understood why you'd buy a ticket and not turn up. An odd ticket might be lost due to illness but for 27 not to turn up? I think they are going to try it again and hope numbers will be up next time. It was meant to run 8pm-11pm but finished approx 30 minutes early but luckily our taxi was able to pick us up early, we had booked the taxi for 11.15pm in case the night over run slightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home