My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, April 27, 2015

I Almost Had My Jaw Drop...

earlier today, I shopped a little and all I purchased was bread, buns and...two salmon fillets. I'd spent £4.40 but then I thought the bread and buns will last me ages and I can use it for sandwiches, toast and have it with other meals...but the price of salmon???? Then I thought...its good for you. I think I'll keep the salmon back for Bank holiday(its not that far away)

You can have it in sandwiches, have flakes of it in scrambled egg, make fish cakes, have it in a salad etc...and I thought portioned out it suddenly comes down to £1 or less per snack/meal and suddenly that's not at all bad.

Its the birthday of  my special needs friend(the one who was in hospital)next Tuesday. We're having a little buffet at the Music Club, there just happens to be a good act on that night which will be nice for him but sadly his memory has been affected by his illness and time in hospital and he keeps forgetting its his birthday and how old he is.

The night has dragged a bit but as usually happens as it becomes later I start to feel more rested and my usual self. I've heard an interesting documentary on BBC Radio 2 about some of the music I grew up on and love composed in the Brill Building in New York. So much of that music still sounds good decades later even though no one is writing to that formula which it was. How did they sit in a building daily for around ten hours and come up with all those hits?

I am about to switch to topical comedy on Radio 4 about the upcoming UK election in May. I'm not hopeful of any party being good for me, I hope they'll be good for the UK but I will make a decision who to vote for. I do know who I will not be voting for and certainly not the parties that have been in the coalition for the last 5 years. My own constituency doesn't have as many as some areas. Other areas have held Hustings but my own area has not. I don't know if they make much difference to be honest.

If I had lived in another part of the UK(Wales, Scotland and N. Ireland)or if I thought another couple of "New" parties could make a difference and be voted in big enough numbers I could imagine giving them a try. I do think some of the make up of the main parties is different in the other countries that make up the UK and England where I live has lost its way somewhat.

I don't think the UK has a democracy, we make the best of what we have. Times could be changing but I'm not sure that I will be around if/when any change really does happen.

I often talk with someone who is well into his 80's and he says we've never really had a democracy. But its how things are. We are living in Interesting but scary times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home