My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, March 01, 2015

I Think That I Have Just About The Time...

to get washed, shaved before I head out for my Sunday night out. Lets see if I can win something but its a look out. I stayed in and just as well I did...High winds and an absolute downpour.

Call it an evening meal...I am about to cook something like a Sunday type meal. "Dead" easy and hardly any preparation. I have sliced roast pork, roast potatoes, possibly some Yorkshire Puddings if they are OK(they are just to warm up in the oven)and a variety of vegetables that I can steam in the microwave and with gravy granules I'm set.

And a film to watch starring Sean Connery that I have never seen...The League of Gentlemen. That will finish around thirty minutes before I leave.

So my little shopping trip for possible bulbs for the garden and to see if flowers are appearing in the shops will now be a task for tomorrow.

Update:I didn't win at the bingo, I took some crisps and cakes but returned with most of what I took so I get the chance to use it up. I called the meal off as I found my potatoes had gone fuzzy so I had some sliced pork baps instead. May have another go later today at cooking a nice meal again.

I did have another tidy around whilst watching the movie and have almost cleared all my rooms so its tidy(even if carpets have to be laid, some curtains hung and some decorating needs doing)and therefore all my stuff to be stored or thrown out is in one rarely used room which is not blocking any exit or is in the loft and can be cleared at leisure.

I think in case of accidents when painting and to help make the place warmer and look a little nicer, I shall consider painting and hanging curtains first. I need seven pairs of curtains. I have three pairs that are new or I shall wash. I don't use net curtains.

I don't need blinds at the back of the house as its quite private and those rooms are used occasionally(Kitchen/Dining Room)The toilet and bathroom has frosted glass. I don't stand at the landing window and that doesn't face other houses.

I have blinds in the windows at the front of the house except for one and I can have a new one made for that. And again the front door has frosted glass and is mainly solid and when I hang curtains across the door as before they well help keep the hall warmer and act like a blind giving privacy. Perhaps I could hang the curtains myself but I'll probably ask for help.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound much chirpier! That's the spirit! ;) Now's the time to be doing all this, and just think how cosy your home will be by next winter. :)

Remember, warm colours will make your rooms seem warmer, too. What colours do you fancy for your rooms?

A-L

2 March 2015 at 03:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'll have to perhaps think about a change of colours. Generally its always been pale and white all through the house.

Well I say white...my bedroom is supposed to be Apple white but whether its that noticeable is debatable.

Other than the kitchen all rooms have wood chip or Anaglypta and it seems silly to take all that off. So I'll probably have them painted over. I need to really think about this.

2 March 2015 at 06:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home