My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 27, 2015

I Ain't Going Nowhere...

They say to expect rain, winds, ice and colder temperatures. I will stay put perhaps until Sunday night. I have salad/fresh veg(prepared and not prepared)I can even make my own soup. Earlier tonight I came home from the bingo social club and perhaps it seems a strange mixture but it filled my tummy and tasted great. Baked beans, potato wedges and the remains of a kind of Shepherd's pie from last night containing pork mince, gravy, broccoli, cauliflower and mashed potato. Comfort food and the using up left overs.

I finally have all of my carpet runners, if I stop purchasing any more. I could add another three or four to complete the job but generally its not necessary. They will hide the carpets I have until they are replaced or can be placed on the new carpets to avoid them wearing out, getting soiled especially in areas where I walk a lot like the hall and entrances of rooms. Its not been cheap and I am fortunate that I could afford to buy them. Then again could've spent probably much more.

Earlier in the day I saw my friend in hospital. You can tell he's been through it and is still doing so but he is definitely looking much better and sounding positive. There was talk that he may come home next week but before we arrived on our visit, he had been for a scan and there is still fluid on his Pancreas so they are keeping him in a while longer.

Because of all the tubes that were in him for the previous 4-5 weeks and spending so much time in bed his throat is sore and he requires a fair bit of physiotherapy. But he was more as I know him. I could be going to see him again on Tuesday. Sadly, my friend is a fish enthusiast and has two aquariums that mean a lot to him and with him being away with such a serious illness and his Mum and family being so concerned though she has tried to see that they are looked after, one water pump failed and one tank of fish has been lost. Some better news is that the one that contains the most of his collection is still OK and fewer fish were lost than could've been.

I guess that brings us up to date for the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home