My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 01, 2014

Day Two...

The gout is keeping at bay,  so far no painkillers, no cherry juice. I went to bed but did not get up and watch Gunsmoke...I was tempted but being in bed was so warm and cosy I stayed put. I did manage to sleep most of the time but the reason I was most tempted to get up was that I had one of those annoying coughs when you are awake. Getting up the cough probably would've stopped. As it has now.

I will venture out around midday thirty and get some change at the bank and catch a bus to the afternoon bingo club. The bus ride only lasts perhaps two minutes but it would take me much longer to attempt to walk it(more like half an hour and more)

I may call into the supermarket on the way home but only for fruit and veg. I may not of course but it being close to home you know that you can rest.

All I have to decide later is what to have for my meal which I may come back and tell. I may even post an image too.

I don't usually eat mince pies, I never have but I did have a Mr Kipling Brandy Flavoured one last night and really enjoyed it so I may buy more for the Festive season yet. Someone said that they couldn't taste the brandy but I had nothing to compare it with so I don't know.

That's as exciting as it gets today..

I will take with me some sweets for my throat and a cough bottle(just in case)but again I have not taken any yet. Sniffles are not too bad either.

Update:I had a very small win on the bingo and that covered the cost of a taxi(I didn't use the bus)still holding off on the gout and cold. I treated myself to some individual Christmas puddings(cannot tell you the last time I had Xmas pud)They were good value when you buy one get one free. And now that I can do them in a mircrowave rather than have to steam them...even better. I just have to decide what cream/sauce to have with them and the dates are ok into 2016 so I can even have one after the Festive season.


The one on the left has cider, amontillado sherry and ruby port(9mth matured)the other is 6mth matured and is laced with cider and brandy. Depending which one you purchase ten would cost £5 or £7.50(a saving of £5 or £7.50 respectively)The saving means its like getting the puddings at half price 75p/50p.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home