My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 28, 2014

I'd Be Fibbing If I Said Its Exciting...

but there is little going on, then again better than having worries and struggles. I said that I was watching more TV but in reality I am back to listening to the radio more as favourite TV programmes that I was enjoying have seem to have become repeated on a loop or been taken off and I know its down to personal taste but I'm thinking of that song/saying on the lines of 200 channels and nothing on. There is quality but its spread thinly and a lot of programmes just a case of filling in time or finding the least boring of what is on offer. The must see TV programmes are fewer.

The change to my bed has been worth it...its lovely and warm but a Winter Tog quilt has the disadvantage of being heavier. And I dislike that but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Today I kept it simple and did a quick shop on the way home...OK I spent approx £5 but I did for that money get four pints of milk, salad, three loaves of bread, curly kale and oven chips but saved £4.

I have lived on turkey sandwiches today.

I won £4 winning a line on the bingo so broke even...no better off, nor worse off. That win paid for the shopping.

I may/may not go shopping tomorrow and look for "New" clothes rather than using the charity shops...I have found that a retailer is selling Pierre Cardin shirts for £7(don't know if that is a saving on the normal price)Longsdale underwear for £2.99 instead of £19.99 and they have a Christmas jumper I like the look of for £11 so I may treat myself to some branded items for a change. While I am able. Money saved on buying less food and not having any entertainment to go to allows me to redirect where it goes and what my priorities are. I may even buy some throws or bedding with a Winter/Christmas feel too.

I have no clothes that are worn out or worthy of being donated to a charity shop, indoors I don't really care what I wear, if it keeps me warm. Nor how many layers of clothes I have on.

I also needed and managed around eleven hours of sleep but then again it was cold, wet and horrible outside. It was dark for most of the day and my body was aching so I do feel better for it. I also took some pain killers.

UPDATE:Been reading up about the shirts and I think that they have been available for less than £7 and some reviews have been questionable. I will decide later in the day. Cannot get on many websites because something called Black Friday is happening where many retailers are reducing prices on many items and some opened at Midnight and people are virtually fighting for bargains but if you do not have access to your own transport you'll miss out anyhow. Also they are only bargains if its something you want and need. Perhaps wait until the same time next year before I think about buying big items.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home