My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Found Out Late...

As to be honest I have not been looking the website so seats may be sold out and/or my favourite seats not available but I have discovered in the New Year my regular theatre which in many ways is quite intimate/small has three musical events I would really love to see. They could be the only ones I'd fight to see. The only other way I will miss them is due to illness. If I buy my tickets now I know that I have them and can afford them. By the time the shows come around it will be as though I have put away £1 per week.

Jimmy Webb the songwriter of many classics over the decades performed by giants of the music world(people usually think of Glen Campbell and Richard Harris)with Wichita Lineman, Galveston, By The Time Get To Phoenix, MacArthur Park.

Albert Hammond who penned When I Need You, To All The Girls I've Loved Before, It Never Rains In Southern California, The Air That I Breathe, One Moment In Time, Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now. I say penned some write lyrics, some the music and a lucky few do both. I don't know which Webb and Hammond do specifically.

The other show has an artist singing in the style of and the music of vocalist Billie Holliday.

It will be a quick phonecall/visit to the theatre in the morning. Had I looked at the brochure when I first saw it this afternoon the seats would've already have been booked but I only looked in the last few minutes.

I had a quick look and favourite seats have been taken and remaining ones are going quite fast. I can buy online and choose now but that will add another £6 across the shows but if I wait and if otherS book in the meantime I may be unlucky altogether. I'll maybe know by mid morning.

Update:A phonecall as I was going out the door held me up so I will phone when the box office opens in 15 minutes and reserve the seats. I am going to Durham on Saturday there is a Christmas food/craft fare and a lighted procession in the afternoon and perhaps a service at the Cathedral so I can collect them then.*

I've some bacon sandwiches and coffee and no gout today so perhaps a good day ahead.

*Got 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home