My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Not Sure That I Am Going To Enjoy...

the dark nights and the return of Winter but I'm going to try to. If not if I can stay close to home I can make the most of when the better weather and lighter nights return and perhaps save a little.

I did do something good on Saturday night, I saw a fine comedian, Jeremy Hardy who isn't seen too often on British television but is a regular on The News Quiz on BBC radio and has been for years. What he does on radio does not show his mastery of working an audience on stage and his astute observations on society and the news. He also gave more than any other comedian I have seen on stage except perhaps the old trooper Ken Dodd who is more of a traditional performer. Taking out the interval he was on stage for around 130 minutes.

On this occasion there was plenty of time to get to the bus station from the theatre and I felt fine catching the last bus home and even spending time in the bus station so I didn't get home until midnight.

Of course I was quite wide awake and the clocks went back to GMT so I watched a bit of TV until the early hours and finally went to bed and slept the clock around. It was quite warm indoors but on the early hours very wild and windy. The wind dropped a bit on Sunday afternoon but once again in the early hours as I write this and catch up on some old episodes of the US TV Western series Bonanza it is starting all over again.

Sunday evening I had a win on the bingo, not a big amount and after what I had spent I was only £9 better off but it will pay for another couple of sessions with the elderly at their small club this week so they are free in effect.

Later today I shall pay off the credit card bill caused by the mix up over the utility company and I'll put enough in the bank to cover the next payment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home