My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I Try Not To Use My Blog To Have A Go At Companies...

after all you are only reading one side but what I am about to write has a good outcome...this time. I generally have a good relationship with the call centre staff at the UK utility company NPower. They have always spent whatever length of time I require and steered me onto the best deal.

However, on Friday night I went onto the website to submit meter readings. I discovered by chance my Direct Debit had been increased from what I believed to be £50 to £86. So I phoned in to the call centre and was told that I owed £54.

This now meant that not only did I have to find £54 but within 8 days they were going to take out another £86 from my bank.

The good news was if I paid the owing amount the DD would come down to £75 per month. Considering that I use 16%-20% less energy and I am on a duel fuel deal until 2017 I could not understand me owing money and why the increase on the monthly DD. Also at present I am on some kind of scheme where I get some help with my bills anyhow.

Well, I paid that £54 by credit card. Its a start but what annoyed me was that they did not think to inform me that I owed money and also give me warning of the increase, they have my e-mail address after all.

So I phoned a different department today...sorted in minutes. No apology to speak of but...it appears that the energy scheme has started so really I am in credit. My monthly DD was not £50 but £40, its gone back to that amount. Because of the mix up the next payment has been delayed by 13 days too.

In the end it all came good but when I asked why they do not inform by e-mail of money owed I was told they don't do that...so it could happen again. I guess I will just have to look on the website more often. However, for now, all is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home