My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday Already...

I've been good...yes I have been out since Saturday but for specific reasons only...Sunday night for a couple of hours with a group of friends, Monday afternoon for a couple of hours with the oldies at the bingo and tonight the Music Club. But no shopping and un-necessary trips out.

I have made an effort today and tried to tidy around a little even if the real work still needs to be done. At least doing this means that people could visit and it keeps me sweet with the Landlord.

The weather was really bad here on Sunday and today around the UK its not been great and people have been killed by fallen trees etc...the wind is getting stronger as the day goes on in my location but being inland and not having big open spaces, its going ok.

The last few nights the simple things have kept me warm enough, when downstairs in the lounge watching TV. Slippers, Dressing Gown, a couple of fleeces and a woolly hat. Surprisingly warm. Haven't been cold in bed either. But its still early days.

Getting some nice meals again and at reasonably regular times too. And I had some food left over from Sunday night so I had ham and pease pudding baps and some soup to use up yesterday.

I'm looking into the possibility of a music night at a local hall in a neighbouring town on Friday(a charity do for dementia awareness)its a 60's/70's night with a raffle and only costs £3 but so far the phone has been off the hook for hours. If its a live band I may go but if its just a disco I won't bother.

If I have to use a taxi to get home and I am on my own we're only talking around £5-£7(if I can find someone else to go with me that will come down.

I am away now to have a break from tidying up, have a warm drink, take my meds, have a shave, get dressed and I was thinking about making a meal around 5.30pm(possibly fish and chips)but may have that as supper. I have had afternoon tea(well coffee)and cheese and fruit scones. Later I have some nice pork and stuffing sandwiches I can have.

If I go out a little earlier for my club, I will try and find a remote control that will work with the TV I have upstairs(I lost the original remote)then I shall see about getting the TV engineers back in to connect it so I can watch all my TV in my bedroom via a relay system and an additional aerial(it is smaller than the one downstairs)but of course it is a smaller room and I am nearer to it. That could be handy during the Winter and on cold nights. I can be in bed and its a smaller room to heat/occupy.

UPDATE:It is a disco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home