My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Think I Have Worked Out What Has Caused My Condition...

to worsen these past days...I was slow on the uptake...I have gout again...*:( sad*X( angryI don't know why that did not occur to me. I think I already was having issues but this topped it off...

My big toe was hurting in bed last night(still is)and I started thinking I eat small portions, a good mixture of fruit and veg etc...and thought what am I doing that is different? In recent days I have been having Marmite and toast.

I looked up symptoms of gout, causes and cures. And guess what one of the causes can be...Marmite! I like it but it doesn't like me*:(( cryingI probably can have it but will have to ration how much and how often I do.

I am fortunate that I can stay close to home at present and that the work around my home has ended so I can take it easy and rest so I am not doing any tidying until I feel able to.

Yes, I need carpets laid/curtains and decorating done but the two most untidy rooms I can avoid and close the doors on them. They are the worst because the carpets have been ruined to be honest. The bathroom/toilet are ok, they just need some curtains. But with frosted glass, nothing can be seen. I have placed a new mat and towels in the bathroom. Curtains will help keep the house warmer...I am thinking of lined curtains through the house.

The Kitchen needs curtains and possibly a blind rehanging. I am thinking of putting down runners on the floor to keep the tiled floor easier to clean, stop further damage but as they are fitting a new back door in approx. a week and more tidying up will be required afterwards I do not need to rush that work.

The Dining Room needs a little work and carpet/curtains but not much else, it only has a Dining Table/Chairs and the Tumble Drier. The lounge I will get rid of the present old suite of furniture and replace it, curtains and carpet, some painting.

The hall and landing need carpet/curtains and a little bit of touching up.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do please go see a doctor for any medical problems and don't attempt to self-diagnose through the internet, which can be very misleading.

1 October 2014 at 22:07  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you for your kind wishes. I am like a different person as I write this. The gout has improved a lot. And I feel really bright.

I think I should know in future when an attack is coming. I have only had a mild attack before.

I have lost approx. 35 hours.

Lots of sleep, drinking water and I had some soup and toast.

The clue in hindsight when I had my last attack was that I did see a Dr and they said that's what it was.

2 October 2014 at 13:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The problem continues to improve, lots of water, some carefully taken pain killers, diuretics, being careful on the food again...

4 October 2014 at 00:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know, the internet can be at times very misleading and also very worrying if you try and self-diagnose on it. Useful at times, sure, but always seek the advice of a doctor. :)

5 October 2014 at 21:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home