My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Generally, Not A TV Fan But...

I have not really watched much TV for a fair amount of time but whilst the house has been taken apart I have had to spend hours with little to do...and I have found that to some extent I have found the interest again. Having said that, I am more likely to watch TV series' rather than films or the news and a lot of what I am watching I associate with when I was growing up and much younger. Its like being in a time warp.

But not having seen them for many years they are like new to me and many episodes were not shown in the UK. And a lot of my viewing is overnight or in the early hours. Lately, I am mainly switching between Bonanza, Bonanza, CBS Action with some E4/C4 and the Drama channel thrown in(this is in the UK)and my main viewing is Bonanza, The Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Sherlock Holmes* Hawaii Five-O, Streets of San Francisco, Dragnet, The Beverley Hillbillies. Perhaps the most modern shows I am watching are The Big Bang Theory and Everybody Loves Raymond.

*Not being paying much attention to who is playing Holmes in this old TV series but he looked familiar, then I saw his name in the credits Ronald Howard and it all fell into place. His father was the actor Leslie Howard(Gone With The Wind/The Scarlet Pimpernel)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lesley said...

I have started watching a fair bit of TV again. I watch The Big Bang Theory and Raymond. I love Frasier and have recently been watching The King of Queens. Just started working earlier though so have to turn the TV off in the morning lol

25 September 2014 at 14:52  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Lesley, Yes I do catch Frasier too...I know its wrong but I seem to be pulling all nighters at present and having early afternoon naps or having a sleep in the evenings.

If I get myself one of those new recorders I can play them back at better times but the channels I am watching its one programme after another. I have Freeview and Freesat.

25 September 2014 at 17:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home