My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Wasn't Up To It...

I found that my mind was willing but the body was not up to going to the events in Durham(statue unveiling and WWI celebrations)not the right word but I cannot think of the appropriate one to use. I did however manage to get to the theatre so not all the weekend was lost.

I did manage to take(or so I thought)a picture of the statue and a group of people dressed in costumes of a military nature in front of it and the plan was to share it here. I thought it had taken it...sadly I find it has not so that's the end of that.

I shall write more later(hopefully tonight when I come home form my bingo club.

In my favour I won a Domino card(£20)but when you take in what I spent on the night, I am approx. £7 in pocket better than a loss.

I have filled up all my kitchen cupboards with food taken out whilst the kitchen was installed. Found a cabinet has a damaged door corner(will see if it can be fixed/needs replacing)but it means the coating is missing and you are seeing the internal material and the washing machine which the workmen moved into the passage instead of wheeling it into an adjoining room now has a slight crack in the plastic casing around the top of it but I don't think that will affect its performance its just cosmetic and once in place won't be seen.

The site boss is supposed to visit tomorrow so we'll see what happens initially he was supposed to be sorting out the mismatching doors/bath damage.

At least I have made a start on clearing away debris and I can leave unused rooms upstairs untidy and do them last. There is no reason(even if they need painting/carpeting/curtains and blinds putting up)the Dining Room, Kitchen, Lounge, Landing/Hallway and Toilet can be tidy and empty of rubbish/old furniture. Think I shall do my bedroom last of all(thinking of buying a new bed too)but this will take time.

Update:Have not shown you the bath damage have I? The boss did not visit but I suspect that will still happen. The first is when the damage was first discovered, the second is when they tried to make it better it is but can be improved on...I wondered if the answer could be to make the box that encloses the water pipes behind the sink could be increased in size giving me a bigger shelf and by bringing it forward it would hide the hole still further?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home