My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Back From My Theatre Trip...

pardon my language but if I said I was knackered...that was an understatement. I'm in a period of particularly bad mobility. I expect it will be so for life but I hope there is enough improvement to allow me to do what I have managed to since Mum passed away and I am not heading for needing a mobility scooter/wheelchair outside of the home.

Taking it easy again today as I have another trip there tonight. I have more time this evening. I may take a taxi back to the bus station if it is a long time to wait for the bus home. Going there I hope to connect to a local town bus or I have certain points I know that I can stop and have a rest.

Who did I see last night the Scottish comedienne Susan Calman. It was funny and she was well received(almost a sell out)I had the perfect seat middle of the row, slightly higher than the row in front and no way that those sitting in front can block my view. 

But the whole show was about being gay. And life as a gay. Not a problem and the audience was a good mixture of ages, sexes and orientation. But I probably would've liked a bit more variation in the routine. Which tends to happen on TV and radio. I do like Susan and her regular appearances on many popular programmes.

Tonight it is a terrific night of music with Chris Dean's Syd Lawrence Big Band.

Today I have done a little more tidying up, again I will shave later. I have to leave earlier tonight as buses run less regularly and the show starts earlier than last evening too.

I have had coffee, toast with Marmite and a couple of Kellogg's All Bran Breakfast Biscuits. Had my meds too.

I will probably finish my bread buns this afternoon(again using my ham, tomato and lettuce)but I am gearing up to using my new slow cooker and microwaves. If I had not been going out today I may've done more but initially I think I shall start tomorrow with a cod fish cake and perhaps a salad(Its not just an ordinary fish cake)I'm also thinking of having a go at a roast meat meal with vegetables and gravy again.

I have seen quite a novel slow cooker that has a divided pot making it easier to keep ingredients separate. But I think I can get around that by using roasting bags/foil which I had started to do around a year ago.

I  have also in recent days purchased some items that I haven't perhaps for years...like bacon. With a little plate/paper towels I can do that quickly in the microwave and even avoid using a frying pan on the main stove. Then again it is possible to fry bacon without adding any oil. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous jacky said...

Hiya Gildy :-) have found you! It certainly looks like you have a lot of work on your plate clearing up after the workies. I hope they put all their mistakes right and that you get some help with the cost of wallpaper and paint etc. You should get something anyway.

With regard to toasters, for some reason it seems to be the way that they make them too small for a proper slice of bread but then you can't put anything smaller in because it would just disappear into the workings. Surely it can't be totally beyond the abilities of someone to invent a decent sized toaster other than they type they use in hotels now, we don't all have room for one of those, do we?

Hope you have a brill week Gildy. Take care of yourself and try not to let they mess your workies have caused get you down too much.
:-) xx

29 September 2014 at 19:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you Jacky. As you have seen from a later post and comment I think I now know what caused the problem. Or made it worse.

The second show went better and I enjoyed it more to be honest. A night of music by one of the top Bands in the country The Syd Lawrence Big Band. All the connections went according to plan.

It doesn't seem too bad now around the house and my gadgets are being used. Regardless, of what Anon says in another comment.

2 October 2014 at 13:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home