My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Everything Is Back To Front...

In general its all coming together and all may be well...if that bath issue is sorted. I have found out the linoleum floor in the bathroom is now being installed in the toilet too. It will save me the cost of carpet there but I guess the option is there to add carpet should I wish.

What has now happened follows on from the start of last week, when the central heating was installed there was talk of a radiator being put in the kitchen. The truth is its not needed so I had accepted that it was not installed. I don't spend  hours in there and now the ventilation hole in the wall and door has been blocked, its not that cold. Well, they called today and they have insisted it is to be added.

This means draining the system again and all the work that has been done filling holes, painting of the ceiling, walls, plastering etc...may be spoilt and have to be done once again. It's unlikely I will use it. I certainly wouldn't with the door open against it and I don't usually keep opening and closing the door or work in the kitchen with the door closed. There is a radiator in the hall virtually inches from where the new one will be be.

Anyhow here are some images of how the kitchen is. I have been adding some images to previous blog posts as I try to get back into the habit of blogging again.




And here are a few images of how the bathroom is going but obviously the work is not completed.





4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re the radiator in the kitchen, I think you need to remember that the council/HA are upgrading the houses to a certain standard, and their main concern will not be what the current tenant thinks, as obviously tenants can change.

I would imagine that they have a responsibility to have heating in the rooms which have a water supply.

When it's extremely cold I think it's better to pay a little bit for heating in those rooms, than risk a pipe burst. Even though you wouldn't have to pay for repairs it would still be an inconvenience.

16 September 2014 at 09:38  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you, that makes sense.I'm really ok with it, we(those)doing the work were given numerous occasions on the day and the previous week for this to be added/completed. If those in charge would visit as they promise to, mistakes would be reduced.

Think we're coming into the final straight. :-)

16 September 2014 at 10:24  
Anonymous Lesley said...

It's looking good! The radiator is probably a good idea. We don't use ours often as the kitchen is usually warm enough but it is nice to have it on when it gets really cold.

19 September 2014 at 20:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks for the input Lesley ;-)They managed to put the new radiator in very quickly, its another double walled.

They caused hardly any damage. Now there is proof that they could have installed the whole system with little or no damage.

This time they filled the hole in the ceiling too. I will post more images soon and attempt to bring the blog up to date.

I'm tired today...I could've done with a sleep but did not know if anybody was returning and they only stayed approx. 15 mins this morning.

And tonight I was at a meeting about the NHS and I'm afraid I was falling asleep in front of the invited guest speaker, I heard everything but struggled to keep my eyes open.

It was a bit warm. The meeting dragged on too, it was important but it could've been done in 15-30 mins but it took two hours!

Then that left me 15 mins to catch the bus home and avoid waiting 75 for another bus. I think that I shall sleep OK tonight.

19 September 2014 at 23:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home