My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Joe Brown...The Everly Brothers...

I realise that I have not mentioned my trip to the theatre last week. that did not quite go according to plan.

The buses from my town to Durham run every 15 mins Mon to Sat but after 6pm drop to approx one per hour as I discovered therefore I got into Durham for approx 7.10pm and I did not connect with a local bus that usually saves me a bit of a walk(being slow is bad enough)but when it hurts...also it is uphill and quite steep. I made it with two minutes to spare and then had to ask everyone in my row to move to get to my seat.

It was a great show with great musicians and I'm not sure I can do it justice. I'm afraid I did fall asleep temporally but missed very little. I blame being tired from rushing there and with all the work going on at home I had had little sleep the night before. It was also quite warm in the theatre too.

The following are the best images I was able to take of the night...they were not so hot about banning taking pictures, some artists and theatres are more understanding and not so heavy handed about the taking of them and within reason realise that more often than not all the public wants is a memory of a terrific night.




Now this past Saturday night a group of us managed to go to what was once called a Workingman's Club at a little place(I say little)called Chilton. I have passed it many times but never realised what a big hall it has attached towards the back of the building. We saw a show that lasted approx 200 mins but we missed the last thirty minutes or so because we did not know that after the main act the opening one returns to close the evening and we already had a taxi booked. We also had reasonably priced drinks, we took some buffet food and...we had the chance to play a couple of quick bingo games for serious money. Upto £250,000.

The image below isn't too good but it gives you an idea of what the main act was...a tribute to the Everly Brothers. They were very good but with such a strong back catalogue of songs they could not fail, they also included some other songs of the era by other popular artists such as Buddy Holly, Gene Vincent and Roy Orbison.

We have another ticket booked for October to see a tribute artist portraying Buddy Holly. The tickets were only £5. And when sharing a taxi, a couple of drinks and bingo it cost approx £19 but that works out around £4.75 per week(68p daily)what can you do for that?


The twist was that one of our group I met approx a month ago and the Irish accent made me think that I knew her but I did not like to ask in case I was wrong and she had been doing the same with me. I haven't seen her much and only a few times in years. She was a friend of my Mum's and for some time after Mum passed away I would give her an occasional phone call. Turns out she knows another person that I now know. It's a small world and all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home