My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

So How Are You Doing?

I've been out of action because of the gout. It could be caused by diet but then again medication and even not drinking enough can trigger such ailments. I'll do some monitoring of my situation over the coming month and see if it settles or I need to take it up with my consultant in approx a months time. I eat well, I always have but its a varied diet but not particularly rich. Gout was once known as a rich man's ailment. It was never seen in the working man.

It may just be yet another problem I will have to live with and allow occasional flare up's but if I can see the signs I can head off before it really takes hold.


Its quite a nice day outside...I feel I should be out there but I do not need any food/clotheso do not need to spend anything(and shouldn't)its also too late to go somewhere really interesting and really after the week I've had its not a bad idea to relax and stay put. Besides, I have a concert tomorrow night and Wednesday with vocalist Clare Teal and musician Andy Fairweather Lowe and on the Wednesday afternoon there is another little show at a community centre on the way to the main entertainment in the evening. If I am well enough.


The latest news is that hopefully all my refurbishment work has been completed in my home but my own work is only about to begin. However, the bad news is that both the microwaves I purchased have turned out to be faulty and need replacing. The store has found two(hopefully that are ok)and they are replacing them next Thursday.


As I live only two streets away from the retailer they are taking mine away and delivering the new one's to my home. One of them, steam gets between the glass panes in the door. On the other when you turn it on at the mains, the oven lights up immediately and the turntable turns but you cannot engage the microwave function.


I may have gout but I am going to try and make a nice meal later...I'm thinking vegetables and a chicken and ham hock pie(its not a very big one) The important thing is to keep eating lots of fruit and veg as I always did.


Update:I had to get out and I found some cherry juice, the best that I could find in a supermarket and I hope that it may help the gout, the one I have found is called Cherry Good. I have had a couple of home made scones, I cannot take the credit, a weak coffee and though there are some in the house and they may turn up but I got myself a new hot water bottle too.

shall take it easy for the rest of the evening and watch some TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home