My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, October 08, 2014

A New Addition To Durham Market Place...

On September 14th a £75,000 statue was unveiled which I believe is a copy of another at the National Arboretum in  Staffordshire. It is in honour of the Durham Light Infantry. 

I will post more images here and add to the text but I thought that you may like to share this. The night before there was a screen around it and at the same moment these people dressed in military uniforms marched down the street from the direction of the Cathedral and started looking at it. I assume they were taking part in the ceremony the next day. A few people asked if they could have a photo and they posed for photo's. I managed one but thought it had failed.


By chance I found it again a couple of days ago...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home