My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, August 15, 2014

The Work On My Home Has Been Brought Forward...

So all hell will break loose from September 1st...if they'd do it in order it would be easier but anecdotally everyone tries to do something at the same time and gets in the way of each other...

The plan appears to be to put on 8 new internal doors, install a new kitchen, a combination boiler and a shower head. If they did every task in order it would even make it easier to know where to move items to that need storing whilst the work is done.

Fortunately, I think mostly there is only a small amount of furniture to move. And at worst all I really need to move is what's in the kitchen cupboards(mainly canned food)so I think I can put it into what most would call an outhouse. So most rooms will be quite empty. I am quite a minimalist.

But when everything is finished, decorating complete(there is no rush)I may invest in a new bed(possibly one for a spare bedroom)in case anyone ever stays...and a sofa and that really is all that I need.

So I shall start to sort things out in the next day or two...

However, as this work will restrict what I can do when the work is carried out and people who had similar work completed have told me to expect it could take 2-3 weeks perhaps less(now that I have talked them out of installing a new toilet and bath)There is nothing wrong with either.

For all that if the weather allows(and health)this weekend I hope to attend a few music concerts(some are free)others not badly priced. There is a day trip to the coastal town of Scarborough. And whilst the work is carried out if they getaway by 4pm some evenings some long standing music evenings that were booked before I knew this work would be happening.

Some of the performers are quite famous and include Benny Gallagher of Gallagher and Lyle plus Charlie Dore.  Luckily some events are at weekends and the repairers don't work at weekends. And past experience shows that they leave as soon as possible. Even when they are doing their tasks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home