My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Lovely Weather And...

I'm going nowhere...It's not right. Well, in some ways it is...some people are unable to go places because of work, lack of income, health issues and so on. But when it is so nice outside I feel that I should be doing something but it takes such an effort.

Sunday is the day my garden will be looked at again but just maybe if the gardener leaves by 1pm I can get out for the afternoon. I can't go far because of a limited bus service and the bingo club in the evening...but may get to a brass band concert.

Monday I have my new front door fitted and again depending on whether it is fitted in the morning or afternoon the little social bingo club may have to be missed. And as I said previously the planned and looked forward to theatre show in the evening has been cancelled.

So later today is the only suitable day to get out and about. I could do simple things like going to collect some tickets for some theatre shows later in the year but as they are paid for I don't have to...I could stay in the town and watch the world go by down by the river. I could go to another town and get a refund for the cancelled show but there is nothing new to see and nothing I want to spend money on.

Then I could make the trek and just ride around on buses or go a little further and see somewhere I haven't been in years...I was thinking of Richmond in N. Yorkshire...a lovely place. Holds lots of memories but I know it will take a lot out of me and I will need to take pain killers. I may have to take my portable seat with me but if its not used, it will become heavy to walk around with. Many places have too few seats for the public to sit on and this seems wrong with the amount of people that have mobility issues and with a population that is ageing.

Then again, as my limbs are hurting here as I lay in bed, I am tempted to stay close to home...

I'm not complaining honestly...See following comments. I stayed home and I feel positive and am happy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The trouble with you Gildy is that you put obstacles in your way all the time when it comes to doing things....It's always I may instead of I will do....

Turn things around, and look at it this way... you have lots of lovely shows planned to go and see. You are getting a new front door (to be honest I think you are extremely lucky to be still living in your childhood home as there must be plenty of families with children desperate for a house with a garden) and you are getting your garden sorted.

Stop wittering on about damn bus services and how you miss out on things. why not have a day when you actually sit OUT in your garden with a nice book or something?

21 June 2014 at 04:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Looks worse when its written down, there are more positives than negatives and I know it, honestly I do.

I actually look for ways to tear down the obstacles and I am in the process of seeing if in a fortnight I can get to the Tour De France being held in Yorkshire...I try not to give in. I rarely do. Please give me a kick up the behind as and when required.

I do have some trips planned...don't think I have posted about the railway at Tanfield and the show last week...will get that up soon.

21 June 2014 at 04:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have put the video of the Railway on the blog now...hope to add some photo's too of the station and some traction engines that were there on the day...

21 June 2014 at 05:19  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thinking about things I am more positive about getting out and am known for my trips and when I turn up on a Sunday to the bingo I am always asked where I have been...and I usually have a tale to tell LOL

21 June 2014 at 05:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home