My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 09, 2014

What A Night...

On Saturday night I headed out to a local theatre and was greeted with torrential rain. I wondered what I could do. Thankfully, it stopped and I made it to the bus stop dry and it remained fine until I came home.

It was a charity show raising money for coaches for disabled children. It was hosted/organised by a showbiz legend in the North East of England but probably best known further North than where I live and when there were many clubs in the area that offered entertainment and drink to "The Working Man" I know of him and have seen and heard some of his work as I was growing up via local TV and Radio. They no longer exist and probably if they did they would no longer acknowledge many of these performers.

It was great. The host was Bobby Pattinson...he was funny, approachable. Age should not matter but he is 80 years old. 


The youngest on the bill was comedian and singer Steve Womack(57 years old)




In the second half a favourite comic of mine(never seen him on stage)and its many years since I have on television was Freddie "Parrot Face" Davies but he does so much more than the character that made him famous of Samuel Tweet and we have already e-mailed each other and had a lovely exchange of thoughts between us. He is now 76 years old but you'd never know it. They are young at heart.

Now if that impresses you the final performer played a difficult piece of music on a piano flawlessly, told jokes and he was 92 years of age Bobby Dennis.



Found the following article a few minutes ago...what a great night, it was a privilege to be there. I am sure that I have seen all of them on TV at some time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home