My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, June 16, 2014

The Visit To Tanfield Railway...

My video does not do the Tanfield Railway justice...it has been going for at least 40 years and depends on volunteers. It is in Northumberland and if bus services were better on Sundays it is quite easy to get to because there is a bus stop outside the site. I made a visit last Saturday and all the volunteers are friendly. Dress in appropriate clothing to match the station and the steam trains that travel the lines. I really hope to be able to visit again.

The countryside is picturesque and you really do feel as though you have stepped back in time. It would seem as though other events and engines are planned around the year but for the first time, this really was a wonderful introduction. There are many video on You Tube but this is a very small video I took as the engine reconnected to the carriages at the end of the line to make a return journey to the station.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home