My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm A Luvvie I Guess...

When today started I never thought that I would be booking some more theatre dates but I have...I usually avoid what would be called "Stand Up!" comedians especially the newer performers but there is a handful I have thought that I may like to see. Usually they have sold out, play large venues or I have found out too late that they are appearing.

However, if health allows in October I am seeing Jeremy Hardy(often a panelist on BBC R4's News Quiz)Susan Calman(ditto)and Jason Cooke(Lately best known for his creation)BBC2's Hebburn. I am fortunate that all of these performers allow concessions and I am eligible.

Its only a couple of quid per show but it does help. Having said that Hardy is the most generous by reducing the full price by £8 and doing so that has been like giving me a discount on a full priced concert starring a performer that has worked with just about everyone in the music world for the past six decades or more but is best known for fronting "Amen Corner" in the 1960's, Andy Fairweather Lowe. With all the discounts etc...I am seeing tip top people for an average of around £10 a show. And I think that's great! In these austere times often prices do seem a little high for everyone.

The gardener has switched things around and will now not visit until Sunday so plans will be changed and I may have to stay at home instead. If he comes on the morning and is away by lunchtime I may still be able to go to a brass band concert in Durham but the garden has to take priority.

On 29th June I may be catching a train to Northallerton to visit the food festival event as I did last year. So I have a few events to fill the coming days and Summer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you to be able to enjoy so much entertainment at such reasonable rates. It's good to support local theatres too. Hope your garden is progressing well.

18 June 2014 at 18:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Its a sad fact of life that no matter how poor you are, there is always somebody who wants what you have got.

19 June 2014 at 08:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Minutes before seeing your comment a show I was looking forward to this coming Monday has been cancelled.

It is hoped it will be rescheduled for later in the year(the theatre says)but with my luck it will clash with dates I have booked for others.

It may not be the reason but I wonder if ticket sales have been disappointing. At least there is a refund.

Will mention about last evening's show later...

19 June 2014 at 11:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Will explain why a comment was missed later today, I just discovered it.

11 September 2014 at 02:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home