My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Decisions...

A show I was looking forward to at a local theatre this coming Monday with Tim Brooke Taylor is cancelled and the first I heard about it was when a letter dropped on my doormat on Thursday. There is an offer of a refund but they were hoping to reschedule. The website says that it is now on October 3rd. Hoorah!

The bad news is that I have another show booked for same night with comedian Jason Cooke. I only booked it a few days before the first show was cancelled. There are no refunds(unless that show is cancelled)so I now have to decide whether to...

Rebook my first choice because I suspect this person will not appear again and I really wanted to see him or accept the refund and see the second show.

If I decide to go to the first show, I lose money on the second show but I suspect because of the age/popularity of this performer, he will do another in the future. I don't know if I can give the ticket away and if I could to whom. I'm even prepared to lose the money on it. If I thought the theatre could resell it I would consider that as an option rather than have an empty seat. Perhaps I'll have a word with them over the weekend.

Its a dilemma I have never found myself in before.

On a lighter note if the weather stays fine this Sunday, I am able to get out and do something unexpectedly because my gardener has cancelled. So all being well I hope to be away early in the morning. I'm thinking Durham City...there is an International Food event in the Market Place. That is near the theatre where I have to sort out my ticket problem and in the afternoon there is a Brass Band Concert so I can do all three things and they are within easy reach. I may also take my chair with me...Have chair will travel...

My only concern will be if I need to pay a comfort call...and I have to decide if its safe to leave it and perhaps ask someone to watch over it or pack it away and then put it up afterwards, then again I am blessed with a strong constitution on that score so...

Hopefully I can take some photo's too...

I don't think that I posted images of the last concert I saw at the start of the month with the Ferryhill Town Band at the Durham Light Infantry Museum so here are a few...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home