My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Calm...

I feel ok...on this second anniversary of Mum's passing. That is either someone watching over me and helping me find my way or that inner strength that people talk of that you find that gets you through the difficult times that life puts in your way.

The weather is dull and not very nice. I thought of having a look out but I have food and its not needed. I have a lamb hotpot in the slow cooker which is tasty(I've had a bowl already)I will have another for my evening meal perhaps around 6pm and I may have a final one when I come in from the music club for supper. Its mainly vegetable based and the lamb has gone a long way.

I'm avoiding spending on food as I may bring some stuff back from the food festival happening locally in Bishop Auckland this weekend. Lets see if this year I can do it justice and get a fair amount of images and videos. Last year I attended on both days. Perhaps I will this year and if I leave in good time on the Sunday I can still make it to the Remembrance service at my church.

I cannot really get anything else in my fridge/freezer but if I stick to jams, drinks and bread etc...I can still come home with something.

4 Comments:

Anonymous SQ said...

hello, I'm glad you had a calm day, I have been thinking of you lately and particularly today.

take care SQ :)
(from a previous forum, hope you remember!)

22 April 2014 at 20:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I haven't forgotten, that's so thoughtful SQ. I owe some e-mails to those I have addy's for and I was thinking just maybe if I am careful, I may risk returning. My very best to you and yours xx

23 April 2014 at 00:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has it really been 2 years?

I have been trying to understand what 'now' actually means, in the sense that there you are with your loved ones and its 'now' and the future is far away- then suddenly its all history and they are gone.

Sorry rambling.

Jeff

25 April 2014 at 08:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Jeff, not rambling at all. Time is a strange concept. I hope you are in a better place. We adapt. We have no choice. It is the only thing we probably cannot influence.

I was talking to a neighbour whose Mother I used to talk to in a neighbouring street, I assumed I had not seen her Mother because I did not walk past her house as often as I used to and for a number of years I used a taxi to go to the supermarket and bring the shopping home.

I discovered her Mother has been dead for 8 years! I find that amazing. If you'd asked me I would never have estimated it was that long.

25 April 2014 at 09:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home