My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

You Think No One Is Watching What You Do...

but it is amazing who does know what you are upto or perhaps I am just someone who is noticed and people feel they like to look after me.

I mean tonight when I came out of the Music Club and got into the Taxi for home I found though it was a different taxi driver to who picked me up on Friday from the Dinner Party the driver knew of my night out and the late hour I came home Smiley happy 097.png Now where the house is located I preferred having access to a taxi and 2am is perhaps a little too late to walk the streets alone but I foolishly feel quite safe.

It is so mild at present, ok yes I did have a jumper on but I would not say it was particularly heavy and I only had a kind of light jacket/jerkin(no thermals, hat, gloves or scarf)and yet I was quite warm going to the music club and when I went to the supermarket at the late hour of 23.30 I felt quite warm. Like I said earlier I am quite surprised that I feel ok being on the streets at such an early hour and yet not being able to run and using a walking stick I should feel vulnerable. Perhaps because I think I know my own area and its only three streets I feel less threatened. Often when I have to use the last bus home, it involves some different streets but they still join the same one's. Soon it will be safer because of the lighter nights.

Its only 16c(60f)in the bedroom but I am not cold. Its actually getting nearer to 18c(64f)

I was going to have something when I came in but decided to finish off some ham, spring onions, watercress and cherry tomatoes. And made two rolls(and yes, I spread butter on them)and so far I have only eaten half a roll.

Some brands I mention may not be available abroad but for anyone within the UK I spent £11 and saved £7. Its mainly items that will last ages and often is priced to high for what they are. I got some limited edition yogurts but they are usually nearly £4 for six but because they were on offer on a two for one I have twelve. They are more like a desert. I like clover spread and that is usually £2 for a 500g tub on sale for £1. The cherry tomatoes were 30p cheaper than usual. I treated myself to some strawberries. Also some fresh garlic.
I think that I am a good shopper and have it down to a fine art. And if I was to find myself financially better off I believe that I would still be of the frame of mind I am now.

I'm being careful what I eat because on Thursday morning I am at the hospital for a check up but as my bloods were taken last Thursday the results are known already. Not by me. And they will be there for the Consultant when I see him. I hope that all is well. As I type I realise that I have missed a couple of phone calls(no number left)and now I wonder if its just a company cold calling or the Dr's surgery drawing attention to perhaps problems with the blood tests(it has happened before)I hope not.

I am maintaining my weight, just over 10st at present and I don't think that's bad.

I have decided to go there by bus this time and I am fortunate that there is a bus stop right outside the hospital. To be sure of being there in time I will get a bus around 9.20am and that will give me twenty minutes before my appointment.

If all is well, I may have a couple of events I can share with you taking place on Friday and the weekend locally. One is to do with promoting a charity event later in the year to try and raise funds for research into breast cancer and the other is a kind of folk festival both in Darlington. Many of the artists appear at the Music Club I go to so this time I may spend time looking around the Craft Fair, watch the dancing in the streets(I think it is Morris Dancing)last year it was disrupted because there was an unexpected cold snap and it was windy, it rained and yes it snowed.

Tomorrow night I see a concert starring The Happy Cats. It is my second time and it is at the same venue as last year. I will tell you more about their set and hopefully post an image or two after the show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may have sounded a bit negative yesterday. My aunt can bore for England listing what she eats, and it makes me sensitive to it lol. I'm sorry.

The Happy Cats are a marvellous band...I've seen them live several times, and enjoyed them enormously, a great night out.
I hope I can see them myself some time this year.

19 March 2014 at 08:33  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Didn't see it that way and its good to have opinions of all kinds.

The fact that anyone reads my "Ramblings" is appreciated. I look forward if I can add something more to the blog posts.

So you've seen the Happy Cats :-) I don't have to convince you how good they are then.

Last time we were treated to a kind of St. Patrick's meal at half time. Don't think that is included this time.

If I had my own transport and could get around and not just be taken to town centres which buses tend to do I'd love to show images of the countryside and wildlife nearby.

Someone at the music club gets some lovely images for his facebook page. The other day I saw some images of Seahouses, Filey, Helmesley on twitter and I really would like to go there.

Lets see if I can manage to do so.

19 March 2014 at 09:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home