My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Approx Nine Hours To The Dinner Party...

Well, lets see how that goes. A formal invite is different to just having a meal or snack by being in the company of someone. It would appear we are having chicken curry(a sweet one)It appears someone has pulled out and a replacement invited who I may know slightly because she works in a shop in my town. May know her by sight. When there's only four present its a bit intimate. As said before...wish me lots of luck. I'm taking it very easy and leaving lots of room for the meal tonight so I can enjoy it. I would hate to leave it.

Tomorrow I have been invited out for the afternoon to a place I have not been out in the countryside somewhere, I'll know more perhaps tonight but there is an impressive viaduct and a steam train will be coming across so hopefully we'll get a good video or photo's that can be shared. The locomotive in action is one that was at the exhibition in Shildon a few weeks ago. The Bittern. We leave here around 13.30 and it comes across the viaduct around 16.30 and the journey each way is around two hours, I have been told that we are travelling approx 140 miles. Its a change.

Who would have thought I would be ending the week with these two events.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a lovely time at the dinner party and look forward to hearing about it tomorrow. Liz

14 March 2014 at 21:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It went quite well Liz, it helps when you get a response and its not left to one person to do the talking.

I did not eat that much to be honest but the wine was quite generous and flowed. Not something I would do often. And we did not get home before 2am.

I want to rest but I have a trip to the Ribble Valley on Saturday afternoon doing some train spotting. So I will say more when I get home, I may have some videos to share.

15 March 2014 at 02:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home