My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 08, 2014

I Have Eaten Enough...

So I ain't going hungry. To be honest small portions/fasting honestly does not do you any harm. But even I think "Hold on a minute" You should be putting something into your body and give it nourishment. And I do like food. I will never become anorexic and I would seek help if I thought depression would get in the way.

However, I found myself having my first small meal perhaps at 6pm and just put a ready meal in the microwave. I forced myself to do it but once cooked I quite enjoyed, it. I shall not come to any harm if that's all I have.

It was mashed potato, broccoli and chicken in a creamy sauce. 450 grams/400 calories. And part of a healthy range of ready meals.

I weighed myself earlier and I am approx 144lbs and I am quite happy with that. Ideally I should be around 130lbs but I am allowed to be within the range of 116lbs and 145lbs. Some of my weight could be water retention which makes it more difficult to be my ideal figure. I'd be really happy to be between 133lbs and 140lbs. Until my health issues I was around the 133lbs most of my life so in my 50's to be between 7lbs and 12lbs more isn't that bad.

I cannot exercise so to keep weight down I do have to stick to certain rules...eat the right types of food, watch calories and eat smaller portions/fewer meals.

It is as near to the 5:2 diet as you can get...I haven't given anything officially up for lent but eating everything in moderation, most meals being quite basic and mainly entertainment coming from the radio I could not do much less.

I gave in and had a kind of crisp sandwich, a coffee and some small chocolate biscuits later in the evening so that's not bad a bad day. I accept there isn't much fruit and green stuff in amongst that but I can soon put that right again.

2 Comments:

Blogger And said...

Just dropping a line to say good that you have finally shaken the cold off.
Several postings on A Certain Forum recently wishing that you would return and asking for good wishes to be passed on.. which is only right.

I noticed T's had big frozen food reductions which was jolly useful. Good job I got one of those Ebac freezers a few weeks ago!
A treat awaits on Tuesday with Pete and Gregor. :0) See you then.

10 March 2014 at 01:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Good to hear from you. Yes looking forward to Tuesday(I have been invited to fish and chips on the afternoon)the deal is to try and fathom out how to post videos to Facebook for Brian. But if they are not musical I think You Tube may work better for him. Then we all go to the club together.

Not looking forward to the survey on Wednesday especially if they say I have to move out if work has to be done but it hasn't come to that yet but what would I take with me?

Could I stay online, probably not if the new place did not have access to a phoneline.

If I thought it would not cost much to run I would quite like a small freezer.

Its lovely finally getting rid of the cold and cough. Now I may have to contact the hospital as I think its getting close to another check up.

I'll ponder over the re joining the "Other" place.

10 March 2014 at 02:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home