My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Night Went Reasonably Well...

No, I did not win anything Smiley crying 022.gif but my fellow bingo player on my table won...twice(a line and a house)so went home with £11 and after taking out the cost of the bingo books I think he's £9 in pocket.

I had time to kill before my bus to the club so popped into a discount supermarket and the plan was to get some change for tonight and perhaps if any fruit or vegetables were on offer get some. But there was nothing I wanted or did not have.

Earlier in the day I had fancied and seen some fish cakes but they had something a bit special here and though I spent £6 I bought 3 packets and that will give me six to three meals depending on whether I eat one or two per meal. In that context price reduces.

Having them in my fridge or freezer saves me having to make numerous journeys to shops.

These are bit different to the usual fish cakes...sometimes its as easy or no more expensive to buy rather than make them. I have wild Alaskan salmon, spinach and Sicilian lemon/smoked haddock cheddar and leek/cod, minted pea and parsley.

I have had a kind of sweet and sour noodle snack, a roll with tomato and a slice of garlic and herb chicken. And a coffee since coming in. And am now settled. Quite happy too. I always feel at my calmest and happiest the later it is.

I heard today(and I know I won't buy any more than I do already but much as I like the new discount supermarkets and I do get good value for my money I still find if I can buy four items there, there is always something that I am unable to.

A well known major supermarket has announced that it has had a bad year losing £176million and say that they are going to take on the discount supermarkets and cut prices. If they offer the same limited range I won't gain but if they can slash prices on well known branded goods or offer unknown brands of high quality and a larger range of goods, I'm up for it even if I have to travel out of town and do a big shop every so often. Many people are being hit in the pocket so anything that helps you eat well, is welcome.

There are many people using food banks and having to choose between eating and heating often its people who are trying to hold down a job. Times are tough. Most supermarkets could have done this years ago if they wanted to and many of them now have a display when you first walk in with a variety of popular items at low prices. It will be interesting to see how things turn out and how soon this plan is brought in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home