My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Funny Combination..

Been snacking on cherry tomatoes and mini chorizo sausages. I have come to the conclusion that the
sausages taste a bit like Peperami(the branded product)not that I have eaten that very often. It's spicy but not too much. I am ok with herbs but more unsure about spices.

One of the group gave me a couple pies to bring home, they are home made containing meat and gravy which is a welcome gesture. Its always another couple of meals taken care of.

I'm warm and cosy...and not too troubled as I lie here but we'll see what is thrown at me as the week progresses.

My main concern is that I continue to eat well and stay as healthy as I am able and its time to add more fruit and vegetables into my diet and yes, cook some hot meals. Even though money is likely to reduce. I am fortunate that I am single, eat small portions and have enough skills to stretch what I buy so it goes further. Sometimes I think that I should have a meal plan but I have a rough idea in my head and like to eat what I feel like on the day.

I did not win this evening at the bingo, some seem lucky and regularly win but its luck in the end, you'll win if you are supposed to.

Deposit for the holiday is paid. I will try and put aside the rest and not touch it no matter what happens in the coming months. As said it is only a Mon-Fri break so really you only have Tues, Weds and Thurs away. I won't take a lot of clothes with me and shaving stuff is all that I need. Not expecting to do much shopping either.

Update:I had to make some phone calls early in the morning that I was dreading...they went ok. People were nice. Had time for me. I am debating if I should change my utility bill(prices are frozen until March 2017)but there is a new tariff that runs until March 2018 and I would be £1 worse off on current useage for the electric but £61 better off on the cost of the gas. But as the person at the call centre said a better deal could be brought out any time. But I am tempted...£61 is still like being let off with a month of electric and gas. I usually pay around £50 a month.

It would appear that I am credit enough to actually say that I could take a year off paying the energy bill but I like having a cushion to fall back on for when things are really tough.

I wondered what had happened at first when I rang the utility company as I was connecting to a Virgin company on an 0800 number. I discovered that I had pressed an 8 instead of a 3. Two numbers exactly the same except for one digit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home