My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sandwich Free Weekend...

All prepared sandwiches have been eaten...that's over 8 days of meals...good quality ingredients and calories at half price...

Stage two...tomorrow I have a cod bake with a champagne sauce of some kind in mind(too expensive usually)but at half price a treat. Plenty of vegetables to add if required.

Stage three...back to using the slow cooker. Lots of diced vegetables(saves me preparing them)I paid 14p for a large packet and found some meatballs by a reputable firm reduced so that will make a nice stew/casserole and spare can go into a container for another day. I did not have room in the freezer for the meatballs so I will cook them and store them in the fridge using spare in other meals, after all they are just like round sausagesSmiley lol 051.GIFits a pity that I could not freeze them but I did not want to miss the offer. I can have quite a few meals in the coming days. And the average price per meal will be as little as 15p-20p how cheap is that?

I have three loaves of bread worth £3 and paid only 30p so even if I have to waste some I can afford to, again not enough room in the freezer to store it. But as I was expecting to pay £1 for one loaf I can live with that. Even out of a freezer bread here can last me around two weeks without spoiling.

Sorry about the talk of food...but it is something I enjoy and I would hate the day to arrive where health issues mean I am no longer allowed to eat what I like. I have to laugh, I was on Twitter earlier and someone posted a receipt of a meal they had had in a London restaurant bemoaning the price but happy that wine had been free(I think)I don't know how many were eating but it came out at around £93.

I am afraid I would find it difficult to justify spending more than £3 if I was to eat out. And I am more likely to wait until I come home or put something up and take it with me in a knapsack. That also goes for drinking too. I do appreciate that a place serving food has to make a profit and pay for staff, heat, lighting, business rates, food etc...I also appreciate that if you are with others it is a social event too.

And yet we have an ever increasing network of foodbanks, soup kitchens and places feeding the elderly. Scary times...So if I am able to feed myself for between £4-£10 per week I am quite pleased. If I was to suddenly find myself not having to worry about what I spend I doubt that I could shake off this attitude of being careful..

My last food shop was worth around £20 and I spent around £5.

This Sunday I will take to the Bingo club some Chorizo mini sausages(cooked)cherry tomatoes and I may take some cheese. I already have them in the fridge so nothing to buy. I have never eaten Chorizo so have no idea if I will like them. It appears that it is a bit spicy.

Did I say...last Sunday's turn at the club was orignally lead singer with a band who had a top ten hit in 1978 called Goldie and called Making Up Again so yes he had to sing their hit. I believe they only had the one. The rest of his set was mainly standards and favourites of the 50's/60's and a mixture of musical genres. It was a lower turnout than some weeks too.


Depending on how I feel and the weather will decide what I do this Saturday but I will have my camera at hand. I say the weather because there is the suggestion that as usually happens when Spring arrives we find a cold snap and there is talk of frost and possibly hail/snow. And yet earlier on when I went out I was in a light jacket and here in my home there is no heating on and the whole house seems warm enough.

Its tidy enough for the visit in approx 12 days(to be honest)anecdotally I have been in both private and social housing as it is now called and seen many properties with more furniture and personal possessions than I have who have been troubled less than myself. If I feel I am being hassled this time I may very well kick up a fuss. Its just that I dislike bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home