My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Blue Sky And Calm...

But is this just trying to fool me? I suspect it is cold outdoors so I shall make certain I am wrapped up well or have scarf, hat and gloves in my haversack. I have found a warmer hat this week. The one I have been wearing more often of late. Last week it was a woollen hat and not as warm as the one I shall have with me today.

Update:Most of the day the weather was fine if cold but we had a couple of hailstorms. We arrived at the venue where the steam train LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 no 61264 was located. I only know that thanks to train ethusiasts. It was to go in one direction, couple up with another and return in the opposite direction eventually ending up in Whitby. The trains not us. I'm sure others chased after it along route.

LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 no 61264 Locomotive at North Road station Darlington 2014, March 22

But the main train The Great Marquess was delayed and they decided to couple up with delayed train at Darlington Station. So a few people took off who had cars to relocate to try and see them together looking for somewhere to park up before starting their journey. No guarantee that we would know where it would be or if we would get there in time to see it again.

As it happens we did. The following image shows the LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 no 61264 locomotive being filled by a water tanker.

LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 no 61264 having a water stop at Darlington Railway station March 22, 2014

My camera wasn't strong enough to get a decent image with its zoom lens and the second train and the coupling was so far away you could only see the back end of the Great Marquess in the following image but those I was with will eventually make a DVD or post video online. And on a camcorder the zoom is better.

The Great Marquess is coupled to the carriages and LNER B1 Class 4-6-0 no 61264 locomotive(Darlington Station)

I was dropped off in Darlington with the intention of seeing some of the dancing in the town centre of the various Morris Dancers but with the turn in the weather and being late I gave up and had a look in a book shop that hasn't been open long but is closing down. I was struggling so decided to catch the bus home. But from the stop I found some dancing was still happening.

Morris Dancers in Darlington Market Place March 22, 2014

So I headed over and managed to get nearly all of one dance(I was hoping for more)I got into a good position but you guessed it, even though I was on view, right at the end some lady walked across my line of sight(she could have gone around the back of me)and then asked a Morris Dancer to pose for a photo and positioned both herself and the dancer virtually right in front of me again.

Morris Dancers Darlington Market Place 2014, March 22

I do wonder if people are oblivious or ignorant and don't care as long as they get their photo ok. I have played the video back and its even worse than I realised. I decided that I could not be bothered to hang around for a few hours, I think they were all going to reappear indoors at a leisure centre(I was tired)so I went back to bus stop and timed it so I was able to board a bus immediately for home.


Morris Dancers Darlington Market Place March 22, 2014


I managed to buy myself some potatoes, about all I am short of in my food store and I hit a hailstorm a few streets from home. When I came home I decided to have a rest and found that I had slept for five hours. I am glad that I was able to as my knee joints have been painful and I have also had toothache(and I was unable to find my tube of something that takes it away)I haven't used much and it costs around £4 so I don't want to buy another.

Because I have eaten enough earlier I have only had a cup a soup since coming in, I am ok so I may wait until tomorrow now but I'll decide later.

Its a little colder indoors tonight than the past few days even in the bedroom so I have put my pyjamas on(well the top)as I have some thermal bottoms on.

I was going to do some final tidying up but I will do that tomorrow. That is not strictly true, its just going through paperwork. And sorting some clothes of Mum's. Then we're done.

I have slept some more and the house has actually warmed up and I gave in around 3am(ish)and had a mug of weak milky coffee and a prawn cocktail crisp sandwich with some brown sauce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home