My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Fat? Not Me!

Not if you look up all the sites that offer calculations on Body Mass Index, weight and waist measurement, OK I take a blood pressure tablet but I have to due to kidney damage but it also has a side effect that protects them from further damage. The last test I had for diabetes(I forget the reading)but it was good.

The last weigh in at the hospital with my clothes and trainers on had me slightly less than my home scales. I was around 9st 8ozs(134lbs)61kg so almost what I was aiming for around 1lb off the target. And that was with clothes and heavy trainers on so in reality I am probably spot on.

I have been listening to a report(there are more throughout the week)about obesity We hear a lot about obesity and complications it causes in the UK and yes, the media likes to cite the US and the amount of overweight people there. But the report was concentrating on India and China.

There was criticism of processed food but if used properly and you also have a diet that includes vegetables/fruit and dishes cooked at home there is no reason to see it as the cause of all our problems.

But yes we do need to where possible to buy the best that we are able with the income we have available. Its calories and portion size. And exercise if it can be done safely.

OK I was a bit peckish so I have just eaten a crisp sandwich(Worcester Sauce flavour)and some brown sauce in white bread but it has added fibre. Actually more than in their own wholemal bread.

I will keep an eye on the electric costs but I have turned up the temperature control on the fridge freezer, I found the temp in the fridge was correct most of the time but I was getting some water collecting, for now this action has stopped that and everything is even colder and I mean colder I noticed this most with the fruit juice and milk. It could mean items from the freezer will need thawing longer but equally mean the fridge is almost like a second freezer.

I feel a bit down but again I think its a little bit of worry of what the future holds but subconsciously this was the time Mum was spending her final weeks in the Nursing Home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home