My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, February 21, 2014

I Don't Suffer Much With Coughs And Colds...

it is advisable when you have an immune system problem and on steroids to do all that is possible to avoid compromising your health by catching one. And for many years I have kept out of crowds but lately probably because I have been more social, I do seem to have developed a bit of a sore throat and a cough. A cough is not ideal when you have a hernia either...ouch!

Thankfully, not enough(yet)to stop me sleeping so rest will play its part. I may have to see what I have in my medicine cabinet, reorganise it, see what is out of date. For now it seems to be mainly staying as a throat problem.

Going to wrap up well and attempt to see the historic welcoming of the New Bishop of Durham at Midday. I think I can get a bus ok and it will arrive in time for the ceremony.

Update:It was very busy at the welcoming and though I was one of the first there, I hardly saw a thing. The inauguration service is out unfortunately it is a ticket affair and so many have been sent out and then drawn for a lucky few. There are no spaces for some public to attend...better luck next time.

I do hope that the new Bishop of Durham has the common touch that some of his predecessors have had because today the contact I had with the Cathedral and some of the people attending the ceremony the impression was that "The Public" are not as important as the dignitaries. I appreciate that some official events and meetings have to be done as part of the job. And to be fair sometimes its those who work with/around someone in a position of power that keeps them from being more as one with who they serve.

The following article suggests that hopefully my fears are unnecessary.

Bishop is welcomed over the River Tees

Twitter entry of the event



The Right Reverend Paul Butler Bishop of Durham

I could not see much of the ceremony as others blocked my view and I just pointed the camera and hoped for the best, I also did not get a close up but I have managed to put that right with these two images and using computer software. 

I'm holding my own so far with the sore throat and have some throat sweets which seem to be ok. Perhaps I'll have a Hot Toddy. If I had thought sooner I could have had a home made version of Lemsip but I have run out of lemonade...or have I? I may have a bottle in the pantry that is flat but when heated that doesn't matter. And all I then do is take a couple of paracetamols. I'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home