My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Weather Stayed Reasonably Fine...

for the visit to the Railway event and it was heaving with people and it only opened at 9.30am and we were there by 9.50am. I took the best photo's that I was able but the way they were lined up and being as close as they were to each other...it wasn't easy. Also they had set up some portable steps(think the kind that sometimes are wheeled out to allow passengers off an airplane)and queues along the side, it didn't help.

Now the other problem is that many of us taking photo's walk past the trains in a way that allows unrestricted views and everyone gets a photo. Then others just say "Sod That!" As long as they get their photo they could care less and they'll walk in front of others or stand in the way. I don't know if it is done through ignorance or they just get so engrossed they don't realise.

I took quite a few myself and I am reasonably happy with the results. Will post some images soon. I did not take videos. The images will do...I did take a few videos of the one train that was giving small rides The Sir Nigel Gresley and I will put that up too.

Well, I was all done within a short time so I found a nearby bus stop and thought do I come home or because I was out should I continue elsewhere? I went onto Durham and purchased some items(reduced)I decided to come home for my fruit and possibly vegetables/bread. So within perhaps twenty minutes of arriving in Durham I was on my way home. I found some cakes, cereal bars and small cans of tomato juice(8 for £1)

Once home some home I got some Strawberries and grapes, I replaced two mugs(broken by my own stupidity)earlier in the day, I had managed to break the handles off, I found £4's worth of bread rolls(24)reduced to £1 in total so you could say what I saved on the buns paid for the mugs, there was some better quality boxes of soups containing 6 sachets being sold at half price(on offer)so not a bad day all in all.

The weather is not that bad again at present but it did turn a little blustery and wet between midday and 2pm.

The rest of the day I shall take it easy, perhaps have something nice to eat later*. And tomorrow do some general tidying up. I'm upto date with my washing(I had that all sorted between 7am and 9am this morning.

If you only have limited income and live alone perhaps it matters less but I noticed as I passed through **Spennymoor on the way to Durham that four supermarkets(two of which are discount ones)are virtually next to each other so perhaps in the future I'll take a look around there.

Good to see it is still a bit light with blue sky at 5.30pm, it proves that lighter nights are really returning...

*I have only had a cup a soup and will start afresh tomorrow.

**Of course the places that I mention will mean little to anyone in other parts of the UK/World but they are in the specific county that I live. And some are easier to get to then others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home