My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Technology Pah!

My digital camera does not transfer images and especially videos as it used to and I know that I did nothing to cause the problem. Other than attach it to an older desktop PC, not sure if I will have to put up with the problem or can find a way to return it to how it was...

In the meantime at least the images can be posted or burned so not actually lost...

Today I planned to do absolutely nothing but the last chance to see six magnificent steam locomotives starts this week at the local train museum in Shildon in County Durham. Then they are dispatched to various places around the globe and the UK.

So though the weather is ghastly and I feel less than ready to attempt such a big task, I am going to give it a go. The sooner I go I may get the best view before the crowds decend so I could be out of the door by 8.30am. They are all wonderful but I am especially looking forward to seeing the Mallard and Sir Nigel Gresley.

If I manage some videos and images I will hopefully post them online on the blog and give impressions of the day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...


You could buy a card reader for your computer and just plonk the camera card in that, they are about £10.
If you connect your camera to your computer via USB. Have a look in 'computer' your camera should be listed as another hard drive, and you should be able to pick up pictures from there directly without going through any camera supplied software?

15 February 2014 at 09:01  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That is a great idea...the camera used to store images and videos in folders(not now)and it will not transfer videos like it used to the PC.

I get a few things show up like PC Home and a couple of drives but one of them is empty.

The memory card is a newer type so I would have to find a card reader as you say.

15 February 2014 at 15:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home