My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Got A Bargain...Missed A Bargain...

On the way home from the music club last evening I called into the local supermarket and found a flavour of porridge I was unable to buy a few weeks ago and it was on sale at £1 for ten sachets(they normally sell at £2.45)Recently the promotion was £1.25 a box which was good but this offer beat that. Before leaving I thought its too good a bargain to miss so I'll buy some extra boxes.

It was only ten minutes later but the price had changed and though still on another promotion they are now being sold at £4 for two boxes or £2.45 for one again.

At least I purchased two boxes before they changed the offer.

Even though I have powdered and long life milk to hand all the time, I now buy four pints of milk for £1. I'm sorry if that price is bad for milk producers but for me watching the pennies it does mean I am getting four pints of fresh milk for less than the price of two.

The supermarket I use I find it does not go off as quickly as another well known chain(even if it is not kept in the fridge)The other trick I often use for keeping it chilled is to stand the bottle in cold water in the bathroom sink. Saves trips downstairs.

I take a garlic capsule and often have garlic in my meals(if I remember to add it)but I found(and it saves waste)some diced in a jar and it was on offer for £1(saving 45p)and when opened if kept in the fridge it will stay fresh up to twelve weeks. I have found another with small slivers of ginger which could prove useful too.

New addition to the Kitchen Cabinet...

OK its really early in the morning but I am about to have a jacket potato, a sachet of white and wild rice vegetable mix(sweetcorn, peas, red pepper, mushroom and broccoli)with a wholemeal roll for my supper which has come in at around 90p(US $1.48)for the full meal. Quite a simple meal. Done in a microwave.

I may be tired of jacket potatoes by tonight as I cannot get them all in the freezer so I may have to use those up before bedtime but out of a carton of four, one is in the freezer, two to use in the fridge and the one I am having now.

Here's an image of my meal...

I decided I wanted a jacket potato, saw some microwave rice and vegetables and thought they'd go well together.

I rather enjoyed that...

Its funny how you discover something new or return to something you have not eaten in years.

At the music club, the same was true, all I had was a tonic water and then I noticed who I was sitting next to was having a tomato juice, so I had one too. When I next shop I am going to buy a carton of it.

Since coming home I sat down on a chair in the bedroom and with my limited sewing skills I repaired some holes that I had found in a beanie hat I had purchased not too long ago(I seem to have done a reasonable repair)and I have a pair of gloves that need repairing too but when I came to get up off the chair I could hardly walk and was in pain(still am)so I shall rest overnight and hope I improve soon as I have a concert to go to. As I write I do remember this happened last year and I think it improved when I reduced the dosage of my daily water tablets which for a time also gave symptoms similar to gout.

We have had a small dusting of snow tonight and it has hardened without it being icy. It is quite crunchy underfoot, wonder what it will be like later today.(Update:Seems to have disappeared)

Seeing I have mentioned the music club it is always a good night and very friendly. Tonight a regular duo appeared with an extra performer so became a trio The John Wrightson Band and instead of being accompanied by one acoustic guitar we had an extra  bass guitar and  keyboards giving a richer sound.

The John Wrightson Band

And an unexpected interval set was performed by a favourite singer of mine, Flossie Malavialle so I was extra pleased.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home