My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Middle Of The Week Already...

Its been quite mild overnight and outdoors the weather looks quite pleasant, blue skies and calm.

There is a national demonstration planned against the company that conducts the tests to decide who deserves welfare when they are ill and have on going health issues but really the campaign is aimed at the Government who decide the guidelines they follow. It is rumoured that the company will see the contract taken away and other companies are being lined up to takeover the work.

But pressure groups and charities see this as just a deflection and the same procedure will continue. Most feel that these companies should not be contracted to and your own Dr, Consultant, people you see in hospital and your medical records would be able to supply all the information required. Who would know you better?

The local demonstration is not so local, not so easy to get to without your own transport and unlike some it is really early. I'm not up to going myself and I could not get there in time anyhow.

I may go out later just for a very small shop...lettuce, spring onions, cheese twists, Marmite and sweeteners but that is it.

Nothing much happened yesterday except that the Music Club was as good as ever...

Tonight I see a music concert with my friend. Performing are Keiran Halpin and the supporting act is Copperhead Still. I suppose it would be classed as folk music but its unfair and difficult to hang that name on what will be played.  It is good that there are still some local live music events still available. We can put troubles aside for around three hours.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if you are going out to shops today (Thursday) but The Daily Msil has an article and photos of the locomotives you went to see. Thought you might be interested.

20 February 2014 at 09:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's thoughtful. I'll see if there is a copy still available. Thanks.

I missed the special edition of The Northern Echo on Saturday that was printed. I found out too late.

20 February 2014 at 12:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home