My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm In Pocket...

Well, not really but if you end a week in the black anything is welcome and not to be dismissed.

I suppose over the year I spend or lose more than I win when I go to the few local social nights and play games of chance. I am not a big gambler. So unlikely to ever get rich.

However, last night I won the sticky thirteen card game(that's where someone calls out the card suites and numbers of a pack of playing cards)and everyone else has a hand of thirteen cards. As each card is called if you match, you lose it.

If your last card is called you win.

Sometimes you share but tonight I alone won. I picked my selection of cards(and usually go with my first choice)However, I decided to change my mind and I was lucky.

I won £25(US $42.04)but with what I spend on a couple of drinks, taxi, bingo, that's a profit of around £15($25.22)so I suppose the glass is half full rather than half empty? In a way it means the night was free and gave me back some of what I had spent earlier in the week on groceries etc...

I was lucky last Thursday or was it the week before, I forget, at the small bingo meeting at the sheltered accommodation where I won £8(US $13.45)but again with the cost of playing, using a taxi, having a drink of tea and a packet of crisps that wiped out the win and I was 10p(US $17c)out of pocket but you could say that it was a free night this time.

Small prizes but its social more than anything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home