My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Yay!

I have found(bet there are more in the loft when I clear it out)quite a lot of lost/misplaced mugs, bowls, plates and cutlery so my recent "Best" set can stay that way for some time to come. Though it will be interesting to see how long those I have found and are used daily will last. I think that I shall try to store items away and stick to no more than two sets of plates, mugs and bowls at any time to cut down on untidiness and washing.

I thought I could hear a bit of a commotion early in the day(yesterday)outside but here in the back bedroom it really is quiet. Tonight I know why. Now there could be reasons that are difficult to argue against for why street lights are being replaced...

  • Light pollution
  • Saving energy
  • Cost of running them
There could be other reasons I have forgotten/not thought of but no one I have overheard, talked to or seen letters in the local press seem in favour of them. From my own standpoint I hate them. I find they offer little if any light and if you haven't the best eyesight, are vulnerable, elderly(I'm sure you can think of other reasons)they offer little if anything to your safety. They are so poor, they may as well be switched off altogether. I have heard quite a few taxi drivers who are unhappy with them.

They are not even as good as the old gas lamps we had in the late 1800's/early 1900's. I can quite easily see me taking a torch with me for extra reassurance. I assume that they will be rolled out across the whole of the county and other councils will follow suit but so far quite a few neighbouring towns I have passed through on my travels, the work does not appear to have started or its on a limited bases.

I have discovered that I am virtually deaf in my left ear, I hope it is no more than a problem that occurs occasionally with wax and later today I shall see if some olive oil will shift it...I have no idea when it happened. Fingers crossed.

I did not go out yesterday(surprise, surprise)I wasn't up to it but later today I will head to Durham(and take my shopping trolley(just in case)I come back with anything heavy. And nothing is going to stop me. I am even wondering if I should be more adventurous and travel just a little bit further approx 10 minutes out of Durham and go to Chester Le Street, I keep saying that I will and never do...all the shops are on one long street that is level and no banks to climb and there are both independent and well known shops to choose from and on a Saturday there is a big market. So today could be the day(I just thought about that as I was writing this)

I'm visiting places that I never have and I am virtually certain my parents never or rarely did. To be honest there probably was no reason to do so. And even though I complain about public transport it probably was difficult in their day and owning a car was unusual. Its approx 22 miles from where I live(around 30 minutes)it will take me approx an hour with a change of buses at Durham.

I'll wrap up well and take my camera in case there is something worth taking a photo of.

I have set up my evening meal already and think that it will be a chicken and mushroom pie, mixed vegetables and perhaps potatoes. OK its the early hours but I have had a bowl(two portions)of porridge with added blueberries, banana and blackberries. So that will fuel me for the day.

I can always have some fruit juice and toast for breakfast when I get up. I am thinking of going out early and coming home early. I don't need to drag the day out for the sake of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home