My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Good Morning...

I decided against the planned meals yesterday...and cleared older items from the fridge. That included the chicken that I cooked in the slow cooker.I now have some extra room to play with.

I ended up having chicken salad rolls. And mugs of soup.

Today, I am planning on catching up on tasks.

But I hope to drop a New Year card into someone personally at the local hospital that I used to do voluntary work with some years ago. Will have a ride to Durham(because I can)no real reason for doing so.(That has been moved to tomorrow)Pay some bills. Do a little more tidying up and then go to the bingo tonight.

I really do think that there is something about Winter that makes you feel like eating more and if you are able almost hibernate.

I hope to be starting the day with a "Proper" breakfast...Fruit juice, porridge and fruit, toast and marmalade and coffee. Some of the changes I have made by having yogurt or adding/sprinkling items onto food is something quite new to me and ideas have been found due to the internet and my friend Andrea.

Later I think I shall use up the salad items I have so I can start with a new selection of food in the fridge and look for some reductions again. So I will have some quiche. Then over the next few days I will make myself some Christmas meals with some Turkey I have and add vegetables and potatoes. I can make sandwiches too.

Tonight I have some cakes or biscuits that I can take to my bingo club to share with those there when its tea break. I have some lime Jaffa cakes or some rum and ginger cake that I can cut into slices. What I don't use this week I can next time.

I have managed without the heating for the last few days and been warm enough with the clothes and blankets I have and staying mainly in my bedroom at the back of the house. Even though the thermometer suggests temperatures of 10c-18c(48f-64f)

I have at times had to take off clothes because of being too warm but we have probably been fortunate that it has been quite mild so far and we are not safe as yet. Last year we had a really cold Winter which seemed to go on forever.

Update:I rarely win at the bingo but did tonight. I won a line)but was still out of pocket by £3 having had to get a taxi there(I was late)and buying my books. I could have been £1 in credit as I had won another line but missed calling.

2 Comments:

Blogger markdebby said...

Are you lucky at the bingo. You seem to have lots of activities to choose from. I live in the country so very limited in choice

9 January 2014 at 10:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Seriously, there is very little on this town(community bingo)little groups and the highest win is usually £8 and perhaps £3 for a line.

It gets a little better when you attend a larger club.

Have to go to neighbouring towns for a larger choice of activities and that's when public transport lets you down.

But I totally understand how living rurally is even more of a problem.

Now that I am more at peace with my own company, I can accept staying closer to home.

I can appreciate why people depend on tv/radio/books/DVD's/games consoles/internet.

9 January 2014 at 11:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home