My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 06, 2014

A Weighty Problem...

I have put on approx. 10lbs but I have been eating more this past week. I know I can reduce it again and quite quickly. But I cannot see the increase. And some say in the Winter it is to be expected and a little extra weight actually helps keep you warm.

If I get out a bit more that will help burn off the calories and if I stick mainly to fruit and vegetables that will also help. Most of what I have in the house is low in calories. If I keep cakes and biscuits as treats that really will make the difference.

Finally having got through the party food for the buffet, my conclusion is that much of it was not as nice as it could have been and if I do it again, I will stick with a variety of ham/turkey/chicken/quiche/sausage rolls/salad and perhaps prawns. Unless I find a selection of better items in other supermarkets/food stores.

I was considering going out but remembered the concert of Viennese music tonight so I will  stray no further than perhaps the post office(mail some more cards off)go to the bank to cover my rent and utility/internet bills.

If I eat anything I will stick to mainly fruit today perhaps some cereal or porridge.

I may try and clear some data from the PC later...and that will take care of today. I'm not saying the house is warm, my bedroom is 18c/64f(but that is said to be ideal for a bedroom. Downstairs its around 10c/48f but if I was spending time there I would take the chill off with the heating. However, I am warm and cosy, my extremities are lovely and warm, as are my legs(the thermals are really working)even my bald head is warm. Considering how bad the weather and temperatures have been and told to expect I seem very snugly. Hypothermia unlikely.

Perhaps the extra weight is helping too...

2 Comments:

Blogger markdebby said...

Glad to hear you are ok. I did not see a post for yesterday by the time I was going to bed.
We had a terrible night here.

6 January 2014 at 16:29  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

And a Happy New Year to you(I don't believe that I have done so before)

I have heard the reports of all the bad weather on the radio but missed the images until yesterday when I looked at an area that I use to know very well around the Bournemouth/Poole area. Scary...

Will write a new post rather than update this one.

7 January 2014 at 01:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home