My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, December 02, 2013

I Almost Feel Like Taking Off...Almost!

Why? I saw an offer on the net(Twitter)a newspaper is offering a return trip to London for £11 each way and all you have to do is save 6 tokens from their newspaper over the next 14 days but its a change and experience to travel all that way which you rarely do, the last time I passed through London(usually on the way to Bournemouth)via a taxi between Kings X and Waterloo would be more than 15 years

Also I have a feeling the newspaper is only available in the Teeside area(I would have to check to be sure)I'd be buying a paper that I don't need.

Then should I travel to London, I'd have to make my way around the city and not sure how near all the sights are to each other and easy to reach. And if I was to do some shopping, what do I actually need?

Though it could be fun to go out of the immediate area but I think I would rather go into an area of natural beauty whether that is the coast or a country area and lately I have enjoyed seeing more of the North East and areas I have never seen locally. I say locally but I am talking of Co. Durham, Yorkshire, Northumberland, Cumbria.

I have someone trying to persuade me to go to Blackpool for a week(Mon-Fri)but I keep making excuses. I may have to avoid it on cost anyhow. Though I am sociable and friendly, when I let someone in and my guard down.

 I do seem to be liked but I quite like pottering about on my own and unless it was with a partner or was my parents it can be quite an effort and hard work when you are with someone 24/7 and often you end up going along with everyone else's plans and end up missing seeing or doing something you would rather do.

I would love to have someone special in my life but circumstances are as they are. Perhaps I'm set in my ways now. So just thinking of myself has its advantages.

To be honest it depends who you are with and things can just click, when on your own you can overthink a situation  .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the feeling of liking pottering around by myself. :) So why not go to London by yourself? - do some research on the net and find one or two places of interest you really would like to see that are close to each other or close to the train station. :) For example, the British Museum you could spend more than a day in, and it would be warm and dry and plenty of places to sit and rest. :)

I've travelled all over Europe as a lone female, and it definitely does broaden the mind! :)

Go for it. :) Don't just overthink about it - plan to do it. :)

Nx

2 December 2013 at 21:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, I may go for it in 2015 even without the offer. I could probably go by National Express for that matter. Or a short break with a coach company.

I will seriously think about doing something about it :-)

After all I surprised myself by some of my trips this past year.

2 December 2013 at 23:37  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ooops, where did 2015 come from? I mean next year of course.

2 December 2013 at 23:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The thing with travelling alone is actually worrying about it, and therefore it becomes sort of an obstacle, if you let it.

The trick is, not to let it, otherwise it stops you living your life. If I ever feel hesitant about travelling somewhere, I remind myself that I don't want to look back on my life and think - "if only I had done that/travelled there when I was able."

If you have surprised yourself this year, think how much you can surprise yourself next year! :)

Nx

3 December 2013 at 00:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home