My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Have Seen Some Biscuits I'd Like To Attempt To Make...

They are meant for Christmas but the main problem for me is...I need to freeze the dough after it is mixed and...there is no room in the freezer. However, I may still have a go even if it is not Christmas after I create some space.

If anyone is into baking and would like to make some in the festive season, here is a link directly to a video. They look really easy.

Cranberry and Nut Cookies...

Basic recipe:
550grms of flour.
A pinch of salt.
350grms of unsalted cold diced butter.
Rub it through until its like breadcrumbs.
Add 250grms of caster sugar and a sprinkle of water.
Then add 60 grms of roughly chopped dried cranberries and the same of pistachio nuts,

When all the ingredients are combined, take the mixture and turn it into a sausage shape. Wrap it in cling film. Put in the freezer, when it has cooled down and is more solid, take the dough and cut into slices, place each slice on a tray and give them 15 mins in the oven at 180c/398f.

Of course check with anyone you may offer these to if they are allergic to any of the ingredients or have medical problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home