My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Plan Was...

cook chicken casserole, eat some...save some for another day...

In reality I had two days of eating virtually nothing but chicken casserole. Lucky that I don't easily tire of eating the same food over a few days. Then again there was more vegetables than meat.

Have I had enough of chicken? Well I have some chicken drumstick and thighs that need using up. I was about to "Roast" them in the main oven but of course I can cook them in the slow cooker. So I'll go for that option and will decide whether to keep it simple or add some kind of coating/marinade.

I may do a variety of meals from chicken salad, sandwiches, chicken and chips and so on. I'll have a look on the internet. I could go through my cook books but...

I'll probably set everything away around 10am then I can decide whether to have something before I leave for the concert. But the option is there to have a little supper when I come home.

Update:Ahead of myself...the chicken is in the cooker and its coated in a kind of chasseur style(I would need to add onion/sliced mushrooms to be authentic)and I probably won't bother this time. I have four drumsticks/four drumsticks. When the meat falls off the bone, as it will, I will use it in a variety of ways.

When I went downstairs to prepare it, it sounded as though it was raining hard outdoors but from the bedroom window, the sky is blue with whispery clouds but a blustery wind. Perhaps that will drop later.

Someone was kind yesterday, knowing that I need a wristwatch again as the one I have is not working as it should, she gave me one of he late husbands(she has a few saved in her jewellery box)and that is a kind gesture. I cannot decide if it is a battery/quartz model or a wind up as it has no indication on the dial but then again, the winder is not hitting a point where it cannot wind up any more. So we'll see. It is quite fashionable and so far keeping good time.

I have talked to the kind person who will take me from Ferryhill Town Centre to the concert and back and that is fine. Depending on when the concert ends will decide how long I am in the open and hanging around the bus shelter. The buses run approx. hourly near the half hour so the wait could be more or less. I will make certain I have my thermals, gloves, scarf, warm socks and hat. It is a very open area so if it is windy it will be cold. It was last weekend at that was only around 4pm.

I won't venture out until I have to this evening for the concert in Darlington and I have three buses between 22.15-23.15 to reach my town and the stop is only 5 minutes from the venue. If it was always that easy.

Funny so much is going on and yet today I wake and find myself having one of my so so days. Something feels wrong but I cannot pin down why exactly. It will come right as the day passes no doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home