My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Music Is A Personal Thing...

I went into the concert of Vin Garbitt with an open mind and no knowledge of is work(I did not do a search on the internet)and I suppose people attending were fans. I know so as someone in the row behind me joined in with every song and was so loud I heard her as much as him*:-&lt sighBut I liked him and his personality but the concert did not work for me. It doesn't happen that often. I have been surprised and pleased by most of the shows that I attend. And believe in trying something new.

We all had a good view to start with but one person was having difficulty sitting(not her fault)and because she chose the front row centre instead of the end of the row she did end up blocking the view for some who ended up switching seats with their husbands, I couldn't switch seats and I could not lean slightly to the side as they were chairs without a space between. Oh well...

I came out of the concert to an all but deserted Darlington town centre and for a Friday night at 10.30pm many places you'd once expect to be busy were closed or only a handful of people were propping up the bar. Does a 24/7 society really exist across most of the UK, I'd say only a few areas.

It was cold. It was windy. I took a few images of the Christmas lights before boarding my bus home. I will post some images soon(Update:I have seen a few other small town's attempts at Christmas lights, some have really tried their best)

The only people around were a couple of bikers using the steps, seats and containers of plants as an obstacle course to do tricks and probably damaging the place at the same time. No one around to put a stop to it.

But my own town centre has just had a £7million revamp and has already had problems of a similar nature according to articles/letters in the freesheet.

However, had I been around in Darlington approx. 3 hours later there in the very area that I was a mysterious band of people appeared to decorate the town centre in a similar manner to Saltburn pier. I hope that they survive and I am able to see them soon. Now that is the nice side of things.

The Mystery Stitch Bombers(Newpaper article)
Stitch Bomber Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home