My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 28, 2013

There Are Still Some Kind People Around...

I have discovered we have a brass band approx. 6 miles away(probably my fault for not knowing)Ferryhill's own Town Band has quite a reputation and they have a Christmas concert this weekend for the mayor's charity. I love a brass band. But the dilemma...where it is happening is approx. 1.5 miles out of the centre of Ferryhill.

And yes you guessed it...the bus service is poor/non existent and the main bus happens to be the onee one that runs from Durham and let me down after the light festival the other week to come home. So it looked like an event I would miss(what have I missed over the years already)then again I found out about it by chance anyhow.

Someone has kindly offered to get me from the town centre to the hall and back in time to connect with a bus home(all done on trust and faith)

So though nothing was planned for this Saturday evening it looks as though I will be watching them*:) happyso I am out for the next four nights...totally unexpected but very welcome.

How nice it would be to have more entertainment events put on in our own town and avoid depending on public transport to get to these events and often having to give up. If there could be some kind of scheme where those with transport could offer lifts and people like me could share the cost but it would be cheaper than using a taxi. So everyone wins.

These local concerts usually are priced around £4-£7 and are reasonable in comparison to those held in local theatres that are usually £16-£27.50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home