My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, November 04, 2013

Told You...

I went straight to bed when  I came home and did not bother to do a meal/snack. But someone had done a couple of small sandwiches and brought them to the bingo session and I added a packet of crisps.

Did I win...of course not...but one of our group did so a little luck came our way. We managed 16 points out of 20 on the quiz but we don't cheat and its an open secret some are using mobile phones to connect to the internet(not sure why that is allowed)we do it without help. Isn't it annoying when you know an answer and can't recall it such as Dom PĂ©rignon invented sparking Champagne but what was his profession? I knew he was a monk but in the end we went for a chemist as our second best guess. Likewise I came up with right answer but it took ages and I used to work in a jewellers "What colour is perindot gem stone?*

I discovered yesterday(how unobservant am I?) My vacuum cleaner has been returned without two of its pieces...the extension and nozzle for running along the edges of skirting boards and around objects so though I have a feeling I will be unlikely to get it back but will phone the shop later today. They found it and its been returned

Found the following on Twitter and its so true for many and poignant...The summery of life. No infringement of copyright intended, can't find out who to credit for the illustration.

Embedded image permalink

* Its green.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Lorna said...

Hello, so glad you had a nice time at the Bingo. Sandwiches and crisps are so delicious. I love reading your Blog, long may it continue.
Loved the pictures under the tree - it really sums up our lifespan.
Take great care
Lorna, Somerset

4 November 2013 at 12:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank You Lorna,
And for taking the time to comment. Its appreciated. x

Even when things may seem quite mundane and nothing exciting is happening.

I'm an ordinary guy probably living the life many of us do...I do know often it is the simple things and those close to you that mean the most.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with simple food. To be honest I have been thinking of being more adventurous with sandwiches, they really can be a meal in themselves and with a variety of bread used amazing.

Watch out for images and ideas soon :o) Must get away from the usual salad. :o)

4 November 2013 at 13:31  
Blogger markdebby said...

Hiya, I must say you get out a lot. I live in the country and nothing exciting to do on these cold day.
You may get lucky one of these days.
Sylvia

4 November 2013 at 20:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Sylvia :o)
Everything comes at once...I have(and it was my choice)done so little for many years so its been welcome to get out but I am blessed that I usually enjoy my own company and when the time comes that I have to stay in again, I'll accept it :o)

My area is trying to offer more in the way of social events but they are not always supported and my town is not so good on that score and most things happen 7-12 miles away and beyond.

Often you can get there but getting home is difficult without your own transport.

So I can sympathise with what you are saying.

4 November 2013 at 21:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home